Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Company: Southbrook Care Center
Posted on: January 10, 2020
General DescriptionThe primary purpose of this position is to
supervise the day to day nursing activities of the unit during your
tour of duty. Such supervision must in accordance with federal,
state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern
our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing
Services to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is
maintained at all times.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of
this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission
of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential
function of the position.Essential Functions:
- Assist the Director of Nursing in directing the day to day
functions of the nursing activities in accordance with current
rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long term care
facility: make written and oral reports/recommendations to the
Director of Nursing concerning the operations of the nursing
- Ensure that all nursing personnel comply with the written
policies and procedures established by the facility.
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and implementation
of the facilitys QA/QI, infection control, and safety
- Participate in surveys made by authorized government
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as required, including
- Complete accident and incident reports including first report
of injury and supervisors investigation.
- Prepare and administer necessary nursing services: medications,
treatments, and/or personal care.
- Notify the DON, ADON, of all drug and narcotic
- Develop work assignments and/or assist in completing such
assignments for State Testing Nursing Assistants.
- Works throughout nursing care areas.
- Is involved with residents, personnel, family, visitors, and
government agencies under all conditions.
- Works beyond normal hours, and in other positions
- Is subject to callbacks during emergency conditions, i.e.,
severe weather, and evacuation, post disaster.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a nursing degree from an accredited
college, university or nursing school. Must also possess a current,
unencumbered, active license to practice as a LPN.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and
procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that
pertain to long-term care.
BOTH 7A-7P AND 7P-7A FULL-TIME SHIFTS AVAILABLE
Keywords: Southbrook Care Center, Springfield , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Healthcare , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!