PreOp RN (FT) (Days)
Company: Ohio Valley Surgical Hospital
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Pre-Op RN (FT)We look forward to finding new team members with
the commitment and talent to help us provide excellent care for our
patients as the best quality, value and choice in the region. At
Ohio Valley Surgical Hospital, our mission is to Elevate the
Standard of Health Care in Our Community, and our core values guide
the way we fulfill our mission. In service to each patient, we
value quality, compassion, and care you can trust.The PreOp RN will
provide quality patient care by assessing, planning, coordinating,
and participating in patient care in accordance with the needs of
the patient, the physician's plan of care, standards of care, and
organizational policies. The PreOp RN will ensure accurate,
concise, and timely documentation in the patient's medical record.
The PreOp RN will operate and maintain equipment, instruments, and
supplies consistent with safe nursing practices.
- Assesses, plans, coordinates, and participates in patient care
in accordance with the needs of the patient, the physician's plan
of care, standards of care, and organizational policies under the
direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Adheres to written policies of the Hospital.
- Assists in maintaining an environment conducive to patient and
- Assists in the development and implementation of work
techniques and methods appropriate to the Hospital's program.
- Ensure accurate, concise, and timely documentation in patient's
- Performs duties and tasks specific to the work area assigned.
- Operates and maintains equipment, instruments, and supplies
consistent with safe nursing practice.
- Seeks educational opportunities to increase clinical competence
and enhance personal growth.
- Responsible for completing mandatory classes relative to job
responsibilities at the Hospital as well as for meeting continuing
education requirements for licensure.
- Participates in the orientation of new employees.
- Communicates courteously and effectively with patients,
physicians, co-workers, and the public.
- Promptly reports problems to management.
- In relief of the manager, assumes responsibilities for managing
the designated work area as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure in this state.
- Current BLS Certification.
- ACLS certification preferred within 12 months of date of hire
for fulltime and part-time employees with direct patient care.
- PALS certification preferred within 12 months of date of hire
if providing direct patients care of pediatric population. Pool
staffs are exempt from this requirement.
- Preferred previous work experience in position employed for no
less than one year.
- Mental and physical health sufficient to meet the demands of
- Intermittent physical mobility/activity including walking,
standing, sitting, light lifting, pulling, or pushing of carts and
equipment, etc. Must be able to bend body downward at the waist and
be able to kneel.
Keywords: Ohio Valley Surgical Hospital, Springfield , PreOp RN (FT) (Days), Healthcare , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!