PACU Registered Nurse (PT)
Company: Ohio Valley Surgical Hospital
Posted on: January 9, 2021
PACU Registered Nurse (Part-Time)We look forward to finding new
team members with the commitment and talent to help us provide
excellent care for our patients as the best quality, value and
choice in the region. At Ohio Valley Surgical Hospital, our mission
is to Elevate the Standard of Health Care in Our Community, and our
core values guide the way we fulfill our mission. In service to
each patient, we value quality, compassion, and care you can
trust.Under the supervision of the Department Manager, Director of
Nursing, and Administrator, provides quality patient care using the
nursing process, the medical plan of care, and organizational
policies. The PACU Nurse reports to the Pre-Operative/Recovery
Charge Nurse, Pre-Op/PACU Manager, the Director of Nursing and
- Receives report from the anesthesiologist and circulating nurse
and identifies patient.
- Takes vital signs consisting of blood pressure, pulse, and
respirations when the patient arrives in recovery and thereafter
determined by the type of anesthesia or moderate sedation, the
status of the patient PACU policies and the direction of the
- Charts patient's color, level of consciousness, condition of
dressings and character of respirations on arrival and every 30
minutes while patient is in recovery.
- Verifies physicians' orders, administers medications, and
performs procedures as ordered.
- Secures the proper patient belongings when appropriate.
- Gives all prescription to the appropriate person (i.e. patient,
- When patient meets discharge criteria, the PACU Nurse:
- Discontinues intravenous and foley catheter as applicable.
- Reviews, educates, and provides a copy of the written discharge
instructions to the patient and responsible party.
- Discharges the patient either per wheelchair, assisting with
ambulation, or other appropriate method based on patient
- Discharges patients through appropriate exit only.
- Places medical record in appropriate location after patient
- The PACU Nurse, at the end of the day:
- Returns appropriate items to reception area.
- Assists with preparations of recovery and preoperative areas
for the next day.
- Closes facility according to protocol.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment to Director of Nursing.
- Assists with receiving and storing supplies, as needed.
- Disposes of contaminated needle containers in appropriate
- Assists with pre-op and post-op phone calls, as needed.
- May be required to provide assistance with the operative
- Performs other duties as directed by the
- Current licensure in this state as a Registered Nurse.
- Current BCLS certification.
- PALS and ACLS certification mandatory within six (6) months of
date of hire.
- Preferred previous work experience in an ambulatory surgery
setting or acute hospital recovery room or a critical care area or
operating room of no less than one (1) year.
- Intermittent physical mobility/activity including walking,
standing, sitting, light lifting, pulling and pushing of carts,
equipment, etc. Must be able to bend body downward at the waist; be
able to kneel.
- Mental and physical health sufficient to meet the demands of
Keywords: Ohio Valley Surgical Hospital, Springfield , PACU Registered Nurse (PT), Healthcare , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!