Registered Nurse-Advanced Care
Company: DispatchHealth Management
Posted on: September 10, 2023
How You'll Make an Impact: DispatchHealth is creating the most
advanced and complete in-home care model in the world. As a key
contributor toward that goal, the Advanced Care RN would serve a
pivotal role in bringing individualized care to the patient's home
as an alternative to hospitalization. The ideal candidate brings
advanced clinical, communication, and leadership skills to our
innovative team. The Advanced Care RN provides direct,
comprehensive care for patients and their families in an
alternative setting. A true passion for connecting with patients
and inviting them into the care team is a key factor for success.
The opportunity for this position is to contribute to the creation
and refinement of a novel care model while helping reduce hospital
admissions, decrease ER utilization, improve patient success, and
increase the patient and provider experience.
What You'll Do:
- Provides direct nursing care to patients in alternative care
- Skills: Lab draws, IV insertion, medication administration
- Engage patients in their healthcare journey and provide
meaningful education tailored to the patient
- Establish meaningful connections and trusting relationships
with each patient
- Implements multidisciplinary plan of care for patients in
Advanced Care program services
- Works closely with the Advanced Care leadership team to support
and promote the care redesign of Advanced Care program services
developed to provide 24/7 comprehensive care delivered in the home
as an alternative to a hospital stay
- Oversees the planning, scheduling, and implementation of
day-to-day clinical activities for patients.
- Ensures appropriate DME and services are ordered and initiated
in a timely manner.
- Acts as a central point of contact for all navigated patients;
including interaction with medical, nursing, and ancillary
- Collaborates with medical providers, patient care staff and
skilled services in the planning and implementation of patient and
- Participates in the patient education and engagement; ensures
educational goals are on track, actively assess the patient for
- Monitors patients daily for compliance with the plan of care
and tracks order completion and follow up engaging with the patient
throughout the episode of care.
- Assist patients and care partners with referrals to community
resources and care coordination that can assist with the social
determinants of health as needed.
- Monitors patient's progress to goals in the post 30-day
- Designs or participates in the creation of Advanced Care
materials (education materials, assessment plans, interdisciplinary
plan of care etc).
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned What You
- Certification/Licensure in the State of Ohio as a Licensed
Registered Nurse or licensure from a state participating in the
multistate privilege to practice compact with Ohio
- Minimum of 2 years acute care nursing experience
- BLS and ACLS Certified
- BSN, preferred Competencies/Qualities
- Clinical Excellence: the Advanced Care RN must exhibit strong
clinical assessment skills and ability to prioritize and
reprioritize requiring organizational and coordination skills.
Exceptional critical thinking skills is a must as the Advanced Care
RN implements and evaluates patient's plan of care and their
progression towards goals.
- Strong communication skills: the Advanced Care RN cannot work
in a silo - much of his or her effectiveness depends on teamwork
with others. Their areas of practice are highly multidisciplinary
and require reliable, open, responsive communication in order to
meet patient and care team needs. Strong interpersonal and EQ a
- Cultural openness: the Advanced Care RN will be open to
learning from patients, about values, beliefs, and how they see the
world - all which may be very different from the navigator's
personal culture and beliefs. The Advanced Care RN is willing to
listen and be a liaison between the patient/family/caregiver and
the medical providers, in developing a plan that is medically sound
and culturally acceptable.
- Respect for others: this may seem like a given, but the
Advanced Care RN role requires the nurse to be especially diligent
in this area and to show patience and understanding while setting
reasonable boundaries and expectations.
- Commitment to patient confidentiality: most nurses are
sensitized to patient confidentiality, from the HIPAA training
they've received from employers. However, nurse navigation may
require an additional layer of awareness. Physical Requirements:
- Lift & carry equipment/supplies weighting up to 50 pounds long
- Push or pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Walk long distances and up/down several floors of stairs
- Twist, bend, stoop/squat frequently throughout the day
- Reaching and grasping with arms and hands, including reaching
overhead/above shoulder level, below the waist, and in front of
- Move within confined spaces
- Maintain physical tolerance and balance in multiple
- Stand (at patient's side during treatment, etc.)
- Sustain repetitive movement (CPR compressions, bagging,
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Complete required drivers training upon hire If the following
value statements resonant with you, we may be the team you've been
- Build trust as the foundation of providing the highest level of
- Create personal relationships that are based on building human
- Bring clarity and confidence to every step of the care process
through clear and transparent communication.
- Welcome the patient and their people into the care team to
promote involvement, understanding and safety. Who We Are:
DispatchHealth is redefining healthcare delivery through mobile and
virtual healthcare. A rapidly scaling Denver, Colo., startup, we
provide right-sized healthcare through the power of technology,
convenience, and service. DispatchHealth is creating an integrated,
convenient, high-touch care-delivery solution that extends the
capabilities of the patient's care team and ensures that we provide
personalized, quality care in the home or at the patient's location
of need. Our skilled, certified providers arrive onsite with the
expertise and tools necessary to administer advanced medical care,
supported by our technological infrastructure to ensure quality and
to improve outcomes. DispatchHealth brings together experienced
professionals with proven success in medicine, engineering and
operations and a passion for transforming the healthcare
DispatchHealth is committed to creating and supporting a diverse
and inclusive team and serving all communities. All qualified
applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race,
gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
religion, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
DispatchHealth offers a comprehensive benefit package, including
medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid time off, family,
and short-term disability leave.
Do you want to be part of and thrive in a fast-paced, growth-stage,
entrepreneurial technology, and healthcare delivery company?
Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be
Are you passionate about transforming healthcare through technology
innovation, service and quality care delivered to patients?
We deliver trusted, compassionate care to all in the comfort of
Building the world's largest in-home care system.
Our Values are embodied in The DispatchWay
- Courage to advocate for our patients and each other
- Innovation to trailblaze a new path for healthcare
- Integrity to create a respectful and inclusive environment
- Compassion to provide quality, safe and excellent care Connect
Get to know us! Watch the video above to hear from healthcare
professionals on what it's like to work with DispatchHealth. Follow
us on Facebook , Twitter and YouTube to learn more.
Keywords: DispatchHealth Management, Springfield , Registered Nurse-Advanced Care, Healthcare , Enon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!