Operations Supervisor -1st Shift
Company: FedEx Supply Chain
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Shift - Monday through Friday 7:00am to 5:00pm
Address - 635 Cool Road Lima, OH 45801
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a
leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse
service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a
proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx
Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics
processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous
improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned
FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that
provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve
cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000
employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse
space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and
processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world's most
admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow
and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health,
vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for the safe execution of
daily operational plans and strategies, to manage, lead and
allocate resources, disseminate information to teammates, ensure
compliance with key processes while achieving safety, quality,
efficiency and financial KPI's. This position is responsible for
product safety, quality and legality and integrity.
This position will be responsible for.....
- Supervises at least 2 full-time direct reports. Supervisory
responsibilities include, but are not limited to recommending
hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards,
staff productivity and performance management to include
disciplinary actions up to and including terminations.
- Responsible for all daily, weekly, and monthly production
activities within warehouse operations.
- Prepares and distributes various reports needed for normal day
to day operations.
- Responsible for ensuring that the schedules are correctly
implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed
- Responsible for scheduling vacations and time off per policy
with the least amount of disruption to the department to meet
- Fully engaged with process on floor to actively lead and
- Communicates daily through operational start up meetings,
making sure all work instructions, daily workflow activities and
safety practices are being followed.
- Initiates positive methods of driving teammate excellence
through follow up, providing consistent and fair feedback on
performance. Takes action through coaching and counseling to
- Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety. Conduct
weekly safety meetings during start of shift with teammates.
Maintain a safe working environment through participation of safety
training, JHA reviews, and weekly walk through. Maintain a clean,
neat, and orderly work environment which adheres to corporate 5's
- Supervise the operations of the team to achieve prescribed
objectives. Develop and maintain a productive work team through
cross training, sound communication and positive motivational
- Facilitating seamless hand offs and communicating key
information to peers, teammates and management.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-tasking required
- Provide courteous and respectful customer service in high
pressure situations to internal/external customers.
- Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting
- Assist Operations Manager on special projects as required.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the facility.
You might be a great fit if....
- Bachelor's degree preferred; business, operations management,
supply chain management, industrial engineering or a related field
preferred or minimum of 2 years of experience in a
operations/warehouse/supply chain environment required.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Labor Management experience preferred.
- Prioritization and problem solving skills essential.
- Experience with quality management methodologies.
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement with fundamental
understanding of change management.
- Ability to handle people under high-stress situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Broad knowledge of warehouse operations, methods and
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend,
stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color
vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 40 pounds.
Work is performed in a general warehouse environment on a concrete
surface with adequate lighting. Temperatures can be very hot during
the summer months and very cold during the winter months. Workspace
can be very dusty and occasionally noisy due to traffic of
motorized vehicles operating.
ADA - FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in
compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals
with disabilities throughout the subsequent application
FedEx Logistics, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity
employers. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
characteristics. The FedEx Logistics companies are committed to
providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation
for qualified individuals with disabilities in its application
procedures, hiring, and other terms and conditions of employment.
To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact
The above information is only an illustration of the general nature
and level of work performed by the employee within this
classification. The omission of specific statements of duties does
not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related
or a logical assignment to the position.
Job ID: 49473
Keywords: FedEx Supply Chain, Springfield , Operations Supervisor -1st Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Lima, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!