CNC Machinists - Team Lead - Day Shift
Posted on: May 17, 2020
CNC Machinists - Team Lead - Day Shift
Essential Function:An essential function of this position is the
ability to work a 6am - 6pm shift. The machinists here at Silfex
are responsible for safely setting up and operate 3 to 5 axis CNC
machines to produce the highest quality parts and meet the customer
expectations, in the most efficient manner. In this role of Team
Lead you will be responsible for the daily production of the value
stream team by ensuring the quality of product, customer delivery
and machine utilization are being met.Job Description, Duties and
- Set up and operate 3 to 5 axis CNC machine tools to accurately
machine parts per work instructions and per manufacturing plan.
Make work and tool offsets as needed. Test safety features of
machine during set up. Will be required to operate multiple
- Verify conformance for in process and final product to
inspection, dimensional and visual, by using various measuring
tools/equipment such as micrometers, indicators, calipers,
profilometer, Contracer and CMM.
- Provides training and guidance to machinists.
- Ability to read, write, and understand G&M-code
- Capability of setting up complex CNC machines, and making
modifications and/or recommendations to process engineering
- Use proper material handling techniques to ensure quality of
product and condition of equipment.
- Maintain specifications by taking measurements, detecting
malfunctions, replacing worn tools, adhering to quality assurance
procedures and processes.
- Follow work instructions, setup sheets and other production
- Properly document measurements and visual observations by
completing production and quality logs.
- Use tool setter and tool dresser to set tooling
- Generate maintenance work orders for repair of CNC machines and
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of the Silfex
Quality Management System and properly apply Quality Procedures and
Operating Procedures as appropriate.
- Actively contributes to lean initiatives by identifying and
providing suggestions on areas for improvement.
- Effectively applies lean concepts and tools within the value
- Confers with engineering, quality control, metrology and/or
programming to resolve manufacturing issues.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Display a positive attitude and strong work ethic that reflects
the Mission and Core Values of SILFEX.
- Create and maintain a culture where workplace safety is part of
everything we do. Provide the safest possible workplace to our
employees by modeling and following all company safety policies,
reporting any incidents or unsafe conditions immediately to SILFEX
management. Wear all PPE as required by work area or job
- Assist in applying lean manufacturing concepts and 5S. Maintain
organization and cleanliness, housekeeping and 5S within work area.
Maintain these areas at the highest degree possible and report any
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum of High school diploma or GED.
- 5+ years of experience operating a 5 axis CNC machine in a
- Must be fluent in G & M code.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be quality and safety minded.
- Must have basic understanding of computers.
- Must have strong math skills, particularly
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Associate degree or diploma from a Technical School or Trade
- Trouble shooting G&M code.
- Previous experience as a team lead.
- Knowledge of GD&T.
- Knowledge of 5S and Lean manufacturing.
- Experience machining Si, glass or other brittle material.
Physical Demands:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly
required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance;
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and; talk or hear.The employee is
occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee is
regularly required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements
include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.While performing the duties
of this job the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving
mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is
occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise
level in the environment is moderate.PI120270386
Keywords: Silfex, Springfield , CNC Machinists - Team Lead - Day Shift, Other , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!