Company: Clark State College
Posted on: February 24, 2021
We are looking for an ambitious problem solver who can assess a
complicated technology problem and work to resolve it in an
innovative way. Someone who can see a complicated technology or
operational puzzle and solve it efficiently and effectively. Are
you able to analyze specific business needs and work
collaboratively on an efficient and creative solution? If that
sounds like you, we have the perfect career opportunity for you!
The Applications Administrator serves as a key member of the
infrastructure and networking team at Clark State. This person
shares responsibility for the overall design, planning,
installation, monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the
College network, its related hardware, software, enterprise systems
and servers, and related services. This position has the potential
to work remote M-F to provide flexibility and support for our
students, faculty and staff. This position participates in capacity
planning, supports the creation and the maintenance of network
disaster recovery plans and monitors all network performance
activities. The incumbent is also responsible for general
administration of Windows and Linux servers and the applications on
them. The Applications Administrator is a part of a team
responsible for the administration of the virtualization, storage,
and backup/recovery infrastructures supporting the College's
servers and services. They demonstrate a high level of knowledge
surrounding various application software and systems integration,
configuration, and deployment. They display strong analytical,
documentation, and troubleshooting skills. They are also skilled in
the use of various diagnostic tools and software to enhance the
investigation and resolution of software, hardware, or network
problems. Additionally, the Applications Administrator supports
best-practice and comprehensive information security and as such is
responsible for making recommendations to the SVP regarding matters
of information security and/or implementing them. This position
keeps abreast of new technologies and may identify and implement
new technologies and processes that improve the reliability,
efficiency, and availability of the network and systems
environments. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures the stability and availability of College software
applications, servers and network services. Associated
responsibilities include actively monitoring and responding to
issues and services.
- Coordinates with other IT staff to troubleshoot and resolve
network and system problems. Serves as an escalation tier for
Information Technology staff and end users in order to resolve
system service issues and interruptions. Ability to work
independently and collaboratively to solve complex and
- Proactively plans and implements improvements to the College's
network and server infrastructure. Responsible for actively
recommending changes and designs for network architecture changes,
server acquisition and upgrades, and College systems and
- In collaboration with colleagues, shares in the monitoring,
management, and maintenance the College's systems, networks, and
servers including but not limited to Voice Over IP (VoIP) telephony
systems, virtualization hosts, and other core network and server
- Safeguards College data and services by implementing and
maintaining best-practice network security measures and
system-level patches as required.
- Generates and maintains detailed documentation describing the
layout and configuration of the College's network and related
infrastructure services as well as an updated and accurate
inventory of all associated network equipment, servers, services,
- Coordinates and deploys software updates for all desktop and
server equipment while maintaining detailed documentation of patch
and operating system levels.
- Works closely with vendors and contractors concerning equipment
support and maintenance, installation of new cabling or equipment,
and other network services.
- Documents all work, assignments, tasks, and activities and
provides timely and accurate communication at all times.
- All other duties assigned by supervisor. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Network/Systems Administration or related field plus five (5) years
of experience in the enterprise technology field, or an equivalent
combination of experience, training, and/or education
- 3- 5 years of systems administration experience, with at least
two (2) years of experience with Windows Server 2012 R2 or later
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience managing Microsoft
System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) strongly preferred.
- Experience with writing scripts to automate system tasks
- 1 - 2 years' experience with Aruba/HPE ClearPass desired.
- 1 - 2 years' experience working with VMWare vSphere Horizon
- 1 - 2 years' experience working with Microsoft Office 365
management strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of RedHat Linux (or Debian Linux)
- Knowledge of NetIQ Identity Manager desirable.
- Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague and UniData desirable.
- Experience with network access and threat monitoring
technologies such as Nessus, Snort, and nMap a plus. Clark State
College serves more than 6,500 students throughout the College's
four campus locations in Springfield, Beavercreek and
Bellefontaine, and Xenia Ohio as well as our extensive offering of
online classes. Submit cover letter, resume and Clark State
application to: Clark State Applications can be found at Please
reference the position in the first line of your cover letter Women
and minorities are encouraged to apply. EOE/AA
Keywords: Clark State College, Springfield , Applications Administrator, Other , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!