The Springfield City School District is seeking a full-time
English Teacher for the High School Level for the 2021-2022 school
year. This is an opportunity to join an urban school district
dedicated to providing a quality education to all students. Our
students represent our whole community and we value the racial,
ethnic and socioeconomic diversity of our student body. Our
academic and extracurricular aim is to ensure academic growth for
students with all abilities. Our high school students have seen the
most striking growth in educational options as we now allow
students to blend traditional coursework, on-line coursework, and
This position is specifically for an assignment at Springfield
City School District's School of Innovation. The School of
Innovation is SCSD's second high school option, serving students in
grades 9-12. The school provides students with a smaller
environment, focusing on Project Based Learning as its core
pedagogy. Coinciding with the PBL programming, The School of
Innovation (SOI) takes pride in the unique experiences it offers
its students: onsite garden and greenhouse, food pantry and
community work; to name a few.
The successful candidate must:
* Possess or have applied for a valid English licensure 7-12
with the Ohio Department of Education.
* Be highly skilled in the use of technology.
* Be flexible in their work schedule and be willing to attend
and participate in professional development.
* Be willing to serve on various school leadership teams.
* Have the ability to relate to and teach students of diverse
* Have a Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide
their own transportation.
* Have earned a Bachelors from an accredited college or
university in education discipline applicable to teaching
Previous experience in an urban setting is preferred, but not
Experience with Project Based Learning is preferred, but not
As set forth in our negotiated agreement, teachers work 183 days
Starting salary is $39,316.00 with increases for additional
education and experience.
Salary details available online (SEA agreement) at
Benefit information available online at
* Special note: $1,500.00 Annual Bonus awarded to the successful