Temporary Metrology Tech 1
Company: Silfex, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Assist engineering, quality, and manufacturing personnel in the
design, manufacture, evaluation, and calibration of measurement
standards, instruments, and test systems to ensure the selection of
approved instrumentation to minimize measurement error. Develop and
perform calibration methods and techniques based on principles of
measurement science, technical analysis of measurement problems,
and accuracy and precision requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instruct users on the care and use of measuring devices.
- Perform daily Golden Part analyses and minor repairs of
measuring devices, machines, and related equipment.
- Provide assistance to production personnel in troubleshooting
machine operational issues.
- Perform minor adjustments to machines as needed.
- Replace and qualify CMM styli as needed.
- Perform traceable calibration procedures according to
- Maintain calibration standards.
- Perform Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GRR) studies as
- Know and understand inspection and drawing criteria.
- Perform tasks in both team and individual environments.
- Perform tasks in clean areas and/or clean room
- Manage time effectively.
- Keep technical skills and knowledge up-to-date.
- Follow all company safety policies and report any unsafe
conditions to Manufacturing Manager, EHS Manager, and/ or Director
- Assist in applying lean manufacturing concepts and 5S
- Perform tasks/duties related to special projects or
- Perform other duties as assigned by department management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- High School, Associate Degree preferred
- 1 year related experience with manufacturing environment and/or
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Must be able to work effectively individually and in a team
- Must be able to pay close attention to details
- Must be able to perform successfully under minimum
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand
and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is
frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl and; talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
The employee regularly is required to lift up to 10 pounds. The
vision requirements include close vision, distance vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
While performing the duties of this job the employee is
frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes
or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet
and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the environment is
A shift 6a-6p
Keywords: Silfex, Inc., Springfield , Temporary Metrology Tech 1, Other , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!