Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
With state-of-the-art equipment and advanced automation,
Abbott's Tipp City, Ohio, facility was named Food Engineering
Magazine's "2017 Plant of the Year." Working here, you'll feel part
of a family - a family of 260 that works together to help nourish
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products
for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to
keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around
the world count on our leading brands - including Similac,
PediaSure, Pedialyte, Ensure, Glucerna and ZonePerfect - to help
get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Tipp City, OH currently has an opportunity for a
Validation Engineer. With state-of-the-art equipment and advanced
automation, Abbott's Tipp City, Ohio, facility was named Food
Engineering Magazine's "2017 Plant of the Year." Working here,
you'll feel part of a family - a family of 260 that works together
to help nourish the world.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Coordinate the smooth workflow for the plant's overall
validation program and provide technical support to the Tipp City
Plant. The position is self-directed with input coming from all
Engineering, Operations, and Quality Assurance staff members.
Excellent communications and human relation skills are essential;
organizational skills and attention to detail are equally vital.
The role involves extensive collaboration with others so as to
drive information flow or decisions regarding validation.
- Supporting the creation of systems, programs, and libraries for
managing validation, calibration, and technical documentation.
- Managing the plant Validation Review Board process. This
includes scheduling, facilitating, and publishing meeting minutes
for VRB (Validation Review Board) as well as routing, tracking, and
filing validation documents.
- Preparing, executing, and gaining approval of validation
protocols and reports.
- Manage plant engineering projects from inception through
implementation. Responsibilities include project schedule
development, budget tracking, project reviews, implementation,
validation, and release to production.
- Identify and drive cost reduction and productivity improvement
projects within Abbott Nutrition.
- Demonstrate accountability and responsibility for Environmental
Health and Safety performance and compliance through active
participation and support of Abbott's EHS program.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness
of the Quality System.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical field is
- 2+ years of experience in engineering/ project management or
advanced education to achieve level of skill.
- Background in the execution of validation activities in a
regulated manufacturing environment is desired (preferable
nutritional product experience).
- Project management experience desired.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong aptitude for writing clear and concise validation
documentation that aligns with applicable quality policies and
- Listens to and understands others' points of view; possesses
interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- This person must be proficient in the operation of Microsoft
Accountability / Scope:
- Interfaces with production team members, department managers,
and Division Engineering / QA functions.
- Receives general supervision and exercises some discretion as
to work details.
- May determine technical objectives of assignments; exercises
some latitude in approach to problem solving.
- Leads small project teams / supports larger programs to
- Responsible for completing projects tasks within time and
- Prepares design specifications and recommendations for
presentation and approval.
- Identifies and quantifies technical risks and their
consequences relative to the success of a project; recommends
appropriate action, e.g. reports calculations and recommendations
in terms concrete enough for management to make an informed
- This job is performed in a regulated quality system
environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in
noncompliance with governmental regulations.
- This person has some latitude to determine day-to-day work
priorities dependent on successful completion of all assigned work
within time limits imposed by Engineering Staff.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life
to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse
opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength
to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and