Temp Machinist 1
Company: Silfex, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Set up equipment and process products to specifications as part
of a quality machining group so as to verify that SILFEX products
meet requirements of customers. The person in this position is
expected to use effective technical mathematics and measurement
tools in the performance of tasks. This position is a significant
component of the Silfex quality system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Know and understand specification criteria prior to performing
- Read and understand blueprint and work instructions to
determine procedure for machining product.
- Operate equipment according to training and/or equipment
- Machine parts per work instructions and customer
- Inspect each finished part per specifications and/or SILFEX
- Properly handle materials machined.
- Complete associated paperwork timely and accurately.
- Maintain machine to ensure consistency of product.
- Develop and maintain job proficiency.
- Perform tasks in both group and individual environments.
- Manage time effectively.
- Keep technical skills and knowledge up-to-date.
- Ensure the cleanliness and order of machining stations.
- Perform all work related tasks in a safe manner and report any
unsafe conditions to SILFEX management.
- Application of Lean manufacturing concepts, including 5S.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the Silfex Quality
Management System and properly apply Quality Procedures and
Operating Procedures as appropriate.
- Operates Crystal Shaping equipment such as: Wire Saw, Band Saw,
Annealing Furnace, OD Grinder, Belt Sander and appropriate hand
- Carry out special projects and all other appropriate and
reasonable duties that may be assigned from time to time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 1 to 2 years of manufacturing experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
communicate effectively with employees or other departments of the
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts using basic math.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- Must be able to work effectively individually and in a team
- Must be able to pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to assess drawings and specifications for
machining and inspection results.
- Must be able to attain sufficient task success to establish
credibility with management, staff and employees.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand
and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is
frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl and; talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
The employee regularly is required to lift up to 10 pounds. The
vision requirements include close vision, distance vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
While performing the duties of this job the employee is
frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes
or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet
and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the environment is
C Shift - 6pm-6am
Keywords: Silfex, Inc., Springfield , Temp Machinist 1, Other , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!