Paraprofessional (Classroom Aide) - Schaefer
Company: Springfield City Schools
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Springfield City School District is a district on the move!
We're moving forward to improve academic achievement of all our
students. We are seeking a paraprofessional/classroom aide for
Schaefer Middle School.
An aide's duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Teachers in providing educational benefits for
- Work with students on academic assignments and / or physical
- Assist Teachers in preparing materials, operating classroom or
child mobility assistive technology, and attending workshops,
seminars, and training programs
Successful Candidates must possess:
- A High School diploma or equivalent
- Evidence that meets the NCLB certification requirements
(completed sixty (60) credit hours of higher education, OR obtained
an Associate's Degree or higher, OR have passed the ODE
- Or the ability to obtain an Ohio Teacher's Educational Aide
- The ability to complete forty-five (45) hours of training in
child development; early childhood education; child abuse
recognition and prevention; first aid; and prevention, recognition
and management of communicable diseases and maintain a notebook of
all required trainings (Requirement for Preschool assignments
Physical requirements may include, but are not limited to:
- Lifting of students up to 50 pounds using a 1 person lift, or
up to 300 pounds using a 2 person lift, pivot with the weight and
transport up to 10 feet. Lifts may be conducted up to 20 times per
- Assisting students in transition between classes within a 4
minute passing time by walking, guiding or pushing the
- Assisting students on steps, boarding and exiting
transportation vehicles. Assistance includes supporting, lifting,
pushing or pulling up to 300 pounds.
- Moving from a seated position on the floor to standing and
moving about the classroom at least 15-20 times per 3 hour
- The ability to run after and catch a student in flight. Running
may occur on hard, soft, and uneven surfaces.
Work will be performed 192 days per year, 7 hours per day and
- Potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens and communicable
- Interaction with disruptive, emotionally distraught and/or
- Work performed in a classroom, vehicle or in adverse weather
conditions and seasonal temperature extremes
Wage is based on the SEUSS negotiated contract starting at
$15.86 per hour.
$1,500 Bonus awarded to the successful candidate - paid in
Please Note - This is for the 21/22 school year. Position will
begin in August
Keywords: Springfield City Schools, Springfield , Paraprofessional (Classroom Aide) - Schaefer, Other , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!