CNC Machinist 1
Company: Silfex, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The machinists here at Silfex are responsible for safely setting
up and operating 5 axis CNC machines to produce the highest quality
parts and meet the customer expectations, in the most efficient
- Operate 3 to 5 axis CNC machine tools to accurately machine
parts per work instructions and per manufacturing plan.
- Verify conformance for in process and final product to
inspection, dimensional and visual, by using various measuring
tools/equipment such as micrometers, indicators, calipers,
profilometer, Contracer and CMM.
- Use proper material handling techniques to ensure quality of
product and condition of equipment.
- Maintain specifications by taking measurements, detecting
malfunctions, replacing worn tools, adhering to quality assurance
procedures and processes.
- Follow work instructions, setup sheets and other production
- Properly document measurements and visual observations by
completing production and quality logs.
- Use tool setter and tool dresser to set tooling geometry.
Generate maintenance work orders for repair of CNC machines and
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of the Silfex
Quality Management System and properly apply Quality Procedures and
Operating Procedures as appropriate.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Display a positive attitude and strong work ethic that reflects
the Mission and Core Values of SILFEX.
- Create and maintain a culture where workplace safety is part of
everything we do. Provide the safest possible workplace to our
employees by modeling and following all company safety policies,
reporting any incidents or unsafe conditions immediately to SILFEX
management. Wear all PPE as required by work area or job
- Assist in applying lean manufacturing concepts and 5S. Maintain
organization and cleanliness, housekeeping and 5S within work area.
Maintain these areas at the highest degree possible and report any
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Minimum of High school diploma or GED.
- 0-1 year of CNC Machining experience.
- Experience with 3 to 5 axis CNC machining
- Must have machine control experience.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be quality and safety minded.
- Must have basic understanding of computers.
- Must have strong shop math skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Certificate from Technical School or Trade School.
- Knowledge of GD&T.
- Knowledge of 5S and Lean manufacturing.
- Experience machining Si, glass or other brittle material.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand
and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is
frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl and; talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
The employee regularly is required to lift up to 25 pounds. The
vision requirements include close vision, distance vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
While performing the duties of this job the employee is
frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes
or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet
and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the environment is
A Shift 6am - 6pm
Keywords: Silfex, Inc., Springfield , CNC Machinist 1, Other , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!