Science Teacher - Roosevelt Middle School
Company: Springfield City Schools
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Springfield School District is seeking a Middle School
Teacher licensed in Science. This is an opportunity to join an
urban school district dedicated to providing a quality education to
all students. Our students represent our whole community and we
value the racial, ethnic and socioeconomic diversity of our student
body. Our academic and extracurricular aim is to ensure academic
growth for students with all abilities.
The successful candidate must possess or have applied for valid
Science licensure issued by the Ohio Department of Education for
Middle School 4-9 or High School 7-12.
This candidate will:
- Be knowledgeable in the given subject area and have a sound
understanding of the common core standards as well.
- Have the ability to differentiate instruction so as to meet the
needs of all students.
- Maintain a classroom learning atmosphere where a high level of
achievement occurs daily.
- Hold students accountable for high standards of academics and
character, while maintaining open, on-going communication with
colleagues, parents, and administrators.
- Develop rigorous instruction that meets the needs of all
- Apply formative and summative assessment strategies
- Understand the on-going developmental needs of middle school
- Design and/or adapt instruction, assessment, and the
educational environment to help meet the needs of all
- Be skilled in technology.
As set forth in our negotiated agreement, teachers work 183 days
Starting salary is $39,316.00 with increases for additional
education and experience.
Salary details available online (SEA agreement) at
Benefit information available online at https://www.scsdoh.org/Page/2059
- Special Note: $1,500.00 Annual Bonus awarded to the successful
Keywords: Springfield City Schools, Springfield , Science Teacher - Roosevelt Middle School, Other , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!