Company: Silfex, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Set up EDM machines and process products to specifications as
part of a quality-machining group assuring that SILFEX products
meet customer requirements. As needed performs support machining
functions to others areas. This position is a significant component
of the Silfex quality system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Know and understand specification criteria prior to performing
- Read and understand blueprint and work instructions to
determine procedure for machining product
- Understand and perform set-ups and tear-downs for applicable
department EDM machines
- Operate equipment according to training and/or equipment
- Machine parts per work instructions/customer
- Inspect each part per specifications and/or SILFEX quality
- Properly handle material machined
- Complete associated paperwork timely and accurately
- Maintain machines operated to assure consistency of
- Develop and maintain job proficiency, keep technical skills and
knowledge up to date.
- Perform tasks in both group and individual environments
- Manage time effectively
- Ensure the cleanliness and order of machining stations
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of Silfex Quality
Management System and properly apply Quality Procedures and
Operating Procedures as appropriate
- Carry out special projects and all other appropriate and
reasonable duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Use measurement tools such as calipers and micrometers
- Operate EDM hole sinker and various Wire EDM machines using
appropriate hand tools
- Troubleshoots mechanical devices and performs autonomous
maintenance and PM's on department equipment
- Provides basic operations support in areas not directly
associated with this category
- Follow all company safety policies and report any unsafe
conditions to Manufacturing Manager, EHS Manager, and/ or Director
- Assist in applying lean manufacturing concepts and 5S
- Perform tasks/duties related to special projects or
- Perform other duties as assigned by department management
- Display a positive attitude and strong work ethic that reflects
the Mission and Core Values of Silfex.
- Create and maintain a culture where workplace safety is part of
everything we do. Provide the safest possible workplace to our
employees by modeling and following all company safety policies,
reporting any incidents or unsafe conditions immediately to Silfex
management. Wear all PPE as required by work area or job
- Communication - Begin with the end in mind - Communicate boldly
as well as effectively with empathy and respect to inspire teamwork
and collaboration vertically and horizontally within Silfex.
- Assist in applying lean manufacturing concepts and 5S.
Demonstrate ownership of continuous improvement ideas and
activities. Maintain organization and cleanliness, housekeeping and
5S within work area. Maintain these areas at the highest degree
possible while responsibly escalating any maintenance issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required, preferred is a one-year
certificate from college or technical school; or three to six
month's related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- 10 years of experience operating CNC machines preferably while
working with silicon, glass, or a related material
- Ability to effectively use a variety of common inspection tools
as required by project tasks
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals or technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports and basic procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from managers, customers, and vendors
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions,
percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply
concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety
of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal
with several concrete variables.
- Must be able to work effectively individually and in a team
- Must be able to pay close attention to details
- Must be able to assess drawings and specifications for
machining and inspection results.
- Must be able to attain sufficient task success to establish
credibility with management, staff and employees
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand
and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is
frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl and; talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
The employee regularly is required to lift up to 10 pounds. The
vision requirements include close vision, distance vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
While performing the duties of this job the employee is
frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes
or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet
and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the environment is
A Shift 6am - 6pm
Keywords: Silfex, Inc., Springfield , Team Lead, Other , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!