Team Lead -Machinist 5
Company: Silfex, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The machinists here at Silfex are responsible for safely setting
up and operate 3 to 5 axis CNC machines to produce the highest
quality parts and meet the customer expectations, in the most
efficient manner. In this role of Team Lead you will be responsible
for the daily production of the value stream team by ensuring the
quality of product, customer delivery and machine utilization are
Job Description, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate 3 to 5 axis CNC machine tools to accurately
machine parts per work instructions and per manufacturing plan.
Make work and tool offsets as needed. Test safety features of
machine during set up. Will be required to operate multiple
- Verify conformance for in process and final product to
inspection, dimensional and visual, by using various measuring
tools/equipment such as micrometers, indicators, calipers,
profilometer, Contracer and CMM.
- Provides training and guidance to machinists.
- Ability to read, write, and understand G&M-code
- Capability of setting up complex CNC machines, and making
modifications and/or recommendations to process engineering
- Use proper material handling techniques to ensure quality of
product and condition of equipment.
- Maintain specifications by taking measurements, detecting
malfunctions, replacing worn tools, adhering to quality assurance
procedures and processes.
- Follow work instructions, setup sheets and other production
- Properly document measurements and visual observations by
completing production and quality logs.
- Use tool setter and tool dresser to set tooling geometry.
- Generate maintenance work orders for repair of CNC machines and
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of the Silfex
Quality Management System and properly apply Quality Procedures and
Operating Procedures as appropriate.
- Actively contributes to lean initiatives by identifying and
providing suggestions on areas for improvement.
- Effectively applies lean concepts and tools within the value
- Confers with engineering, quality control, metrology and/or
programming to resolve manufacturing issues.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Minimum of High school diploma or GED.
- 6+ years of experience operating a 5 axis CNC machine in a
- Must be fluent in G & M code.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be quality and safety minded.
- Must have basic understanding of computers.
- Must have strong math skills, particularly trigonometry
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Associate degree or diploma from a Technical School or Trade
- Trouble shooting G&M code.
- Previous experience as a team lead.
- Knowledge of GD&T.
- Knowledge of 5S and Lean manufacturing.
- Experience machining Si, glass or other brittle material.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand,
walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is
frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl and; talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
The employee is regularly required to lift up to 25 pounds. The
vision requirements include close vision, distance vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
While performing the duties of this job the employee is
frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes
or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet
and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the environment is
C shift 6pm - 6am
Keywords: Silfex, Inc., Springfield , Team Lead -Machinist 5, Other , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!