Process Engineer 3
Company: Silfex, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Position is responsible for developing, optimizing, and
controlling critical chemical etch and cleaning processes of
Silicon and other brittle materials to meet semiconductor grade
cleanliness for dielectric etch and deposition applications. The
primary focus is on managing and controlling the process to meet
customer requirements with a strong emphasis of safety and quality.
The position is the subject matter expert for Silicon cleaning for
Semiconductor components in the company; and leads and establishes
the processes required for our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the process capability of the existing chemical
etch processes, including process development and optimization of
equipment, processes, etc. for wet chemistries.
- Establish critical to quality process parameters and work with
manufacturing to define process controls ensuring the etch
processes operate at peak performance.
- Define/establish process key performance indicators and refine
processes to drive KPI improvement for new or updated
- Complete both trainer and associate training on equipment as
the process subject matter expert as needed.
- Participate in specification review, factory acceptance
testing, installation, and qualification of all new equipment.
- Perform risk assessments and mitigation plans.
- Refine process data requirements and statistical process
- Write technical reports, work instructions and present status
and results as required.
- Partner with Research and Development Team to transfer new
technology from concept to manufacturing to ensure stable
- Responsible for developing and establishing process capability
and process control, repeatability, yield, cost, and stability
through SPC, engineering controls, and other effective process
- Responsible for project planning, creating budgets, and Return
on Investment to ensure you meet Annual Operating Plans. Commits to
deliverables and is accountable for executing projects on-time and
- Collaborating cross functionally to support the business
requirements for chemical etch process at Silfex.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of the Silfex
Quality Management System and properly apply Quality Procedures and
Operating Procedures as appropriate.
- Application of Lean manufacturing concepts, including 5S, SMED,
Single Part Flow.
- Perform all work related tasks in a safe manner and report any
unsafe conditions to management.
- Carries out special projects and all other additional duties as
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Chemical Engineering or
- 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a manufacturing
environment or Semiconductor industry. Experience with silicon or
wet chemistry processes is preferred.
- Proficient in reading part drawings and in interpreting
Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) is desired.
- Experience in Lean technologies in a manufacturing environment
including advanced problem solving/6-sigma skills.
- Demonstrated skills in process control and process
- Must be able to work effectively individually and in a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing
- Must be able to perform successfully under minimum
- Competent with MSOffice Suite products and advance skills in
- Statistical analysis software experience, preferably JMP or
- Experience with Quality Systems, Conformance, and Compliance
- Knowledge of Special Process Controls and or Copy Exact and
other Semi Standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand
and use hands to handle or feel. The employee is frequently
required to reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and; talk or hear. The
employee regularly is required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision
requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is
frequently working near moving mechanical parts and fumes or
airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet
and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the environment is
moderate. Employee is required to meet all PPE requirements as
outlined in Silfex procedures.
Keywords: Silfex, Inc., Springfield , Process Engineer 3, Other , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!