Student Co-Op, Plant Engineering - Fall 2021
Company: Silfex, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Liaises with production departments to improve processes and
associated methods of manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carries out tasks defined and specified by engineers that
relate to process improvements, scrap and/or cost reduction, yield
improvements, or capacity increases.
- Designs and sets up experimental techniques for measurement and
data collection to assess and validate testing criteria.
- Assists in the development of new methods and techniques
designed to improve manufacturing capabilities and tooling
- Identifies defects, measures performance, determines need for
adjustment, and verifies specified operation and compliance to
applicable regulations and Quality Assurance (QA) guidelines,
thereby assuring product and process quality.
- Documents, analyzes, and communicates test results using
written reports, verbal reports, charts, graphs, schematics,
spreadsheets, databases, etc.
- Monitors process control, repeatability, and stability through
SPC, engineering controls, control charts and other effective
process management methods.
- Checks functionality of newly installed equipment to evaluate
performance under actual operating conditions.
- Maintains project and other technical files and notebooks in an
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of the Company
Quality Management System and properly applies Quality Procedures
and Operating Procedures as appropriate.
- Currently pursuing Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical Engineering
degree or equivalent and is in good standing with the sponsor
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret relatively detailed
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries
- Ability to write speeches and articles using original or
innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as
trigonometry, algebra and statistical techniques.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking
to a range of practical problems.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific
equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in some degree of
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete
- Ability to utilize computer applications such as; AutoCAD, Word
processing, Spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Manufacturing
software, Statistical software, and Database software.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand
and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is
frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds.
The employee regularly is required to lift up to 10 pounds. The
vision requirements include close vision, distance vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
While performing the duties of this job the employee is
frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes
or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet
and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the environment is
Keywords: Silfex, Inc., Springfield , Student Co-Op, Plant Engineering - Fall 2021, Other , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!