Controls Technician (431 OH)
Company: Dole Foods
Posted on: June 8, 2021
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
The position is responsible for designing, programming,
repairing, and maintaining programmable logic controller (PLC)
systems used within the facility. Manages software programming on
case/bag printers. Supports warehousing software for
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Repair, troubleshoot, optimize, and develop controls
programming via PLC's.
- Ensures proper operation of SCADA system; identifies and
troubleshoots issues pertaining to SCADA system.
- Creates / Changes for case/bag templates for printing
- Installs, programs, inspects troubleshoots, and adjusts related
information systems for electrical and mechanical equipment &
- Trains other colleagues when processes are updated or
- Performs breakdown analysis.
- Help Engineering Team with other software needs when
- Partners with Engineering and IT teams to upgrade production
lines with new or improved equipment or technology.
- Directs activities of outside contractors, as necessary.
- Knowledge & experience with Auto CAD desirable.
- Enforces GMP, safety, food safety, and audit standards.
- Support Chlorine systems
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Must have experience with PLC programming and data acquisition
equipment including integrating power and flow meters with
- Must have experience with SCADA Control Systems.
- Must have personal computer skills and experience with
Microsoft Office programs and data presentation skill.
- Ability to work in a "team spirit of cooperation" throughout
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of
- 5 years' experience in a manufacturing facility
trouble-shooting mechanical, electrical and PLC's required
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree in Automation & Control Technology,
Electronics, or Computer Science or similar field is
Ability to maneuver around an array of equipment, to work in a
cold environment, bend, stoop, climb stairs, and lift up to 50
pounds. Able to work in a cold environment (35* on Plant floor).
(Notification required due to the Americans with Disabilities
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
Ability to work beyond regular business hours and varying shifts
Travel up to 20%
Keywords: Dole Foods, Springfield , Controls Technician (431 OH), Other , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!