Maintenance Equipment Tech 4
Company: Silfex, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Maintenance Technician works in a safe manner, adhering to
all applicable company and OSHA safety guidelines. Maintains
production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery,
mechanical equipment and electronic equipment. Builds mechanical
systems, electronic systems, components, and parts by completing
assembly and testing procedures. Performs all aspects of electrical
installation and hook-up of electrical distribution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Display a positive attitude and strong work ethic that reflects
the Mission and Core Values of SILFEX.
- Create and maintain a culture where workplace safety is a part
of everything we do. Provide the safest possible workplace to our
employees by modeling and following all company safety policies,
reporting any incidents or unsafe conditions immediately to SILFEX
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by
completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors,
pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines;
following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's
instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting
- Develops and executes preventative and predictive maintenance
system to minimize equipment downtime by developing PM checklist,
downtime tracking system for planned and unplanned maintenance, and
monitoring overall department equipment uptime.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in
operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and
- Minimizes equipment downtime by informing production workers of
routine preventive maintenance schedules; monitoring
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by
checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed
equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders;
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies
as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering
questions, requests and recording maintenance operations.
- Ensures production operations by determining work priorities
and scheduling repair, maintenance, and installation of machines,
tools, and equipment.
- Provides utilities by directing installation of, modifications
to, and maintenance activities on equipment.
- Resolves maintenance problems by conferring with operators,
management, engineering, and quality control personnel, outside
contractors and service personnel.
- Protects employees and visitors by maintaining a safe and clean
building. Recognizes and rectifies potential unsafe
- Follows all company safety policies, perform all work related
tasks in a safe manner and report any unsafe conditions to SILFEX
- Application of Lean manufacturing concepts, including 5S.
- Contributes to a Team Effort by accomplishing related results
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the Silfex Quality
Management System and properly apply Quality Procedures and
Operating Procedures as appropriate.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops; establishing personal networks; participating in
technical decision making.
- Identifies and strives for continuous improvement in all
aspects of job performance, education, processes, procedures and
- Acts as a key member of the Emergency Response Team.
- Subject to call-in during off-shift and weekends as
- Carry out special projects and all other additional duties as
assigned by Department management.
- Performs minor aspects of electrical installation including:
running of conduit, sizing of conductors, grounding, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- 4 to 6 Years of relevant experience desired in a manufacturing
- Knowledge of industrial maintenance, electrical and
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondences and memos.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair and fabricate multiple pieces
of manufacturing equipment with competing priorities
- Must be able to work effectively individually and in a team
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to perform successfully under minimum
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand
and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is
frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl and; talk or hear.
The employee regularly is required to lift up to 10 pounds. The
vision requirements include close vision, distance vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
While performing the duties of this job the employee is
frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes
or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet
and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the environment is
C shift 6pm - 6am
Keywords: Silfex, Inc., Springfield , Maintenance Equipment Tech 4, Other , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!