Company: Ohio Living
Posted on: June 24, 2022
OVERVIEW$1,000 Sign-On Bonus for Full-Time! The Hospice Aide is
a member of the interdisciplinary group who works under the
supervision of a registered nurse and provides various care and
services for patients at the end of their lives to increase the
patient s level of comfort and to maintain personal hygiene and a
safe, healthy environment for the patient. The Hospice Aide is
responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations
to the RN Case Manager, and documenting observations and care
performed in accordance with company standards and federal, state,
and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.
- Completes personal care as directed by the hospice nurse.
Completes each patient s care as outlined in the plan of care.
- Provides personal care to the patient, including bathing (tub,
shower, sponge, or bed bath), oral hygiene, hair care, shampooing,
shaving, skin care, nail care, foot care, and dressing, as directed
by the plan of care.
- Provides psychosocial support to patient and family related to
end of life care.
- Provides nutritional services to patients such as setting up
and assisting with meal time and feeding of patient, if
- Reports to hospice nurse or supervisor any changes in the
patient s physical or emotional condition including complaints of
pain, or family concerns.
- Assists patient with mobility, including walking, transferring,
turning, and positioning including the use of transfer devices such
as the Hoyer lift and transfer board, as directed by the plan of
- Assists with toileting needs, including assistance with bedpan,
urinal, bedside commode, toilet use and incontinence care, as
directed by the plan of care.
- Assists patients to self-administer-medications, as directed by
the plan of care. Verbally prompts or assists patients to respond
to electronic medication reminder systems.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment through care of the
patient s room and personal equipment. Provides homemaking
services, such as bed making, light housework, laundering, and
errand running with patient s/family s agreement or accompanying
patient to medical appointments as directed by the plan of
- Performs other activities as assigned including but not limited
to reading and recording temperature, pulse, respiration, blood
pressure, urinary catheter care, basic infection control
procedures, and emergency procedure such as adverse weather
conditions, fire emergencies, etc.
- Provides and/or assists patient/family/caregiver in performing
- Drives patients to and from appointments or other activities
- Maintains comfortable environment by adjusting lighting, room
temperature, and changing bed linens as needed. Is alert to safety
factors and accident prevention.
- Provides therapeutic touch/complimentary therapeutics per
patient s request.
- Has awareness of emotional status of patient and/or family and
is able to understand the emotional problems associated with the
terminal illness. Confers with the psychosocial staff as
- Has empathy for the needs of the ill, frail and impaired.
Understands philosophy of hospice care and needs of the terminally
- Communicates with patient, family and caregivers in a tactful
and patient manner that conveys respect, sensitivity to
cultural/religious/ethnic needs and with an understanding of
patient s and family s individual needs while maintaining
professional and personal boundaries. Quality and Compliance
- Commitment to excellent customer service for internal and
- Participates in quality improvement projects as needed.
Administration and Reporting
- Observes, reports, and uses electronic medical record to
document patient status and the care or services furnished.
- Participates in interdisciplinary group meetings, in-services
and skills training to ensure compliance with hospice
- Reads and follows written instructions and documents care
- Rotates weekend, holiday and on-call shifts as necessary.
- Displays initiative and able to work with minimal direct
supervision. All other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONSEducation
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) in good standing on the
Ohio Department of Health Nurse Aide Registry required. Experience
- Two years experience working as an STNA, home health aide, or
other similar position in an acute care setting preferred.
- Knowledgeable of home health aide practices and procedures
preferred. Other Requirements
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Must possess a valid driver's license and acceptable driving
record. Must be insurable under professional liability and crime
coverage policies as specified by insurance carrier underwriting
standards. LOCATION INFORMATIONOhio Living Home Health and Hospice
in Greater Columbus is a premier provider in Delaware, Fairfield,
Franklin, Licking, Madison, Pickaway and Union counties. Services
include hospice and palliative care, private-duty home care,
long-term nursing care, physical/speech/occupational therapies,
home health aides, social work services, medication administration,
wound care management, IV therapy and more. Most importantly, we re
a company that:
- chooses to operate as a faith-based, not-for-profit
- makes its mission the heart of our organization
- has a reputation for consistently exceeding the needs and
expectations of those we serve
- provides an engaging, team-oriented workplace dedicated to
career, family and faith
- commits to recognizing our employees for a job well done We re
looking for people who:
- have a passion for helping people, solving problems and
contributing to a positive work environment
- are excited about bringing their personal standards and ideals
to work each day
- understand that HOW you do your job is just as important as
WHAT you do in your job Why work at Ohio Living Home Health &
Hospice? Depending on an employee s status, they may benefit from:
- competitive wages
- medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403b retirement savings
- paid time off including your birthday
- training, continuing education, and education assistance
- pay advances up to $500
- the latest technology
- mileage reimbursement
- unlimited career opportunities
- and much more! Who is Ohio Living? Headquartered in Columbus,
Ohio Living is one of the nation s largest not-for-profit,
multi-site senior living organizations. Since its founding in 1922,
Ohio Living has defined the highest standards of quality of life
for adults through its 12 life plan communities and Ohio Living
Home Health & Hospice in 50 Ohio counties. Our mission is to
provide adults with caring and quality services toward the
enhancement of physical, mental and spiritual well-being consistent
with the Christian Gospel.Our Values:Care Integrity Customer
Service InnovationFinancial Stewardship Leadership Inclusion
Keywords: Ohio Living, Springfield , Hospice Aide, Other , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!