Company: Dole Food Company
Posted on: August 6, 2022
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Coordinate and supervise salad manufacturing facility FSQA
functions. May require support for FSQA teams at external cooler
facilities depending on location. Soledad based position may
relocate to Yuma for part of the season.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Ensure that all FSQA programs and procedures are being
- Ensure compliance to Federal, State and local regulations
- Increase awareness and evaluation of GMP's within internal
- Enforce operational FSQA standards
- Monitor, enforce and further develop plant FSQA program
- Provide support for FSQA teams at external cooler
- Follow all food safety requirements and GMP's as applicable for
- Ensure the integrity and continued operations of the food
safety system in the event of organizational or personnel changes
within the company or associated facilities
- Support special projects and other duties as assigned
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill And Experience
- 2+ years of experience in FSQA role
- 1-3 years of supervision experience preferred, preferably in a
processing or quality environment.
- Supervisory and training skills:
- Working experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls (HARPC)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required
- Knowledge of related Federal and State regulations
- Competency in computer word processing (MS Word), Spreadsheet
(Excel) and database Software (Access) required.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
Internal: Plant Manager, Production, Maintenance, Leads, Shipping,
Receiving, Human Resources, Finance, Sales, ITExternal: Auditors,
FSQA Supervisors/Managers from other locations, vendors,
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology,
Postharvest Physiology or related field is required.
- Ability to maneuver around an array of equipment, bend, stoop,
climb stairs and lift up to 25 pounds. Will have some exposure to
fumes and airborne particles;
- Ability to occasionally work in a cold environment (35F on
Cell Phone - yes Laptop - yes
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, rotating shifts
- Flexible work schedule is required; some weekend work
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex,
color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of
Keywords: Dole Food Company, Springfield , FSQA Supervisor, Other , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!