Company: Aventura at Oakwood Village
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Aventura at Oakwood Village - Full Job Description
Aventura at Oakwood Village is currently seeking a skilled and
experienced MDS Coordinator. -
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Works in collaboration with the Facility Rehab Manager to
ensure the most appropriate assessment reference date (ARD) is
utilized for Medicare assessments through the use of the PPS
- Initiates directs and maintains the Medicare PPS/OBRA
Assessment schedule to ensure timely completion of all assessments.
Collaborates with the Interdisciplinary Team to set appropriate ARD
for all assessments.
- Ensures all new admissions have an MDS completed timely and
- Ensures each Quarterly MDS is accurate, complete, and
- Ensures each Annual MDS assessments are accurate, complete, and
- Collaborates with Interdisciplinary Team to identify
Significant Change in Status MDS.
- In services and trains current and new staff in clinical
reimbursement systems and issues, as identified.
- Maintains a current knowledge base regarding State and Federal
Regulations, PPS and the RAI Process.
- Coordinates oversees and ensures the timely completion of the
RAI process (MDS, CAA's & Care Plan).
- Leads and directs the Interdisciplinary Team in the Care Plan
- Manages communication with Managed Care and other payer
- Performs ongoing evaluation from pre-admission through
discharge to ensure an appropriate reimbursement level for each
resident. Evaluates care to ensure that services and products
provided match the benefits available.
- Reviews medical records, care plans, charting to ensure
documentation supports the care provided and reimbursement level.
Monitors facility practice to ensure compliance with guidelines for
participation in Medicare, Medicaid, and other benefit programs.
Initiates action needed to ensure compliance.
- Reviews State MDS validation reports to identify issues and/or
processes to ensure accuracy of submitted MDS's.
- Attends and participates in in-service training, Performance
Improvement committees and meetings as scheduled and directed.
Certificates, Licenses, RegistrationsPossesses a current license to
practice in the State as an LPN/RN.
Keywords: Aventura at Oakwood Village, Springfield , MDS Coordinator, Other , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!