Precision Machinist - Level 3
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global
OrganizationWhen you join Honeywell, you become a member of our
global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make
the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly
by fueling jets in an eco-friendly way; keeping buildings smart and
safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. All
of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities
across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
About the Role
Under limited supervision, will set up and operate manual equipment
such as automated machining equipment, drill press, hand mill, hand
lathe, planers, or shapers. Sets up and operates a variety of
grinding machines to perform quantity production grinding. Includes
grinding compound angles, internal and external spherical radii,
threads, contours and long exact tapers on products, parts and
assemblies or tools. At the professional level, follows procedures
and processes using various equipment in order to complete tasks.
May train and mentor less experienced machinists.
Under limited supervision, follows established guidelines,
processes and procedures to resolve issues and/or tasks. Works on
assignments that are moderately complex where judgement is
required. Problems are operational in nature and may be defined,
somewhat difficult in nature, and may require some basic analysis
and innovation to solve.
- Operate assigned equipment.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Support the Honeywell Operating System
- Maintain work area for operation and cleanliness
- Comply with all safety rules.
- Record and report production data.
- Analyze data and production reports
- Set up and change over equipment
- May train and mentor less experienced machinists.
U.S. PERSON REQUIREMENTS
Due to compliance with U.S. export control laws and regulations,
candidate must be a U.S. Person, which is defined as, a U.S.
citizen, a U.S. permanent resident, or have protected status in the
U.S. under asylum or refugee status.YOU MUST HAVE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience machining
- Advanced knowledge of reading blueprints, drawings, tools, and
- Proficiency in GD&T
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline such as
electronics, electro-mechanical, or related area
- OJT or outside training such as trade schools, cross training,
job shadowing. -
- Advanced knowledge in fabrication equipment operation, assembly
and general manufacturing.
- Working knowledge in CNC type machine proficiency.
- Thorough understanding of department regulations and
requirements for products, advanced math and computer
- Greenbelt Certification at manager's discretion.
We offer a full benefits package that includes medical, dental,
vision, 401(k), flexible vacation and education assistance.
Benefits provided may differ by role and location.
Visit benefits.honeywell.com to learn more.Additional Information
JOB ID: HRD210862Category: Integrated
Supply ChainLocation: 550 State Rte 55 PO Box
247,Urbana,Ohio,43078,United StatesNonexemptGlobal (ALL)Honeywell
is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be
considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national
origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Keywords: Honeywell, Springfield , Precision Machinist - Level 3, Other , Urbana, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!