CNC Machinist - Swiss Type Machine
Company: Elliott Tool Technologies
Posted on: September 7, 2018
Job DescriptionElliott Tool Technologies is looking for talented people who are passionate about work and solving customer challenges in a fast-paced, high energy work environment, and who are looking to further their knowledge and skills.Why Choose Elliott Tool?
- You will be part of an exciting and fast-paced industry. You’ll be helping customers solve their business challenges, offering customized solutions and closing deals.
- You will be successful. We will provide you with comprehensive training and the tools necessary to succeed and reach your full potential.
- You will grow. We will provide you with mentorship and an organizational structure that provides continuous learning opportunities.
- You will be part of a culture that values integrity and mutual accountability, a culture where people are passionate about their work and share a common vision—“Quality specialty tools for an “I need it yesterday world.”
- You will be part of a company that values family and supports a healthy work-life balance.
- You will have stability. You will be joining a profitable company with a 125 year track record of innovation and success where many of our Team Members choose to stay and grow. Our average tenure is 12 years.As a CNC Flexible Machinist – Swiss Operator, you’ll be applying your creative talents:
- Collaborating with the Manufacturing Manager on creating parts.
- Determining the sequences of operations by studying, blueprints, sketches, models.
- Working with raw materials, such as steel bar-stock.
- Programming, setting up and operating Swiss lathes to produce parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- Inspecting finished parts for fit and interference utilizing various measuring devices.
- Cross-training as needed to run other machinery at ETT.What’s a typical day like?Imagine a customer who needs quality specialty tooling and equipment to complete a job. The parts normally call for a 2 week lead time. The customer is asking if we can expedite the order and deliver it within 1 week. If they can’t get the tooling and equipment they need, they will lose a lot of money. The Scheduling Manager notices that we have the bar stock to fulfill the order, but the parts will have to be cut today and sent to heat treat in order to make the lead-time. The Scheduling Manager approaches the Manufacturing Manager to expedite the order. The Manufacturing Manager approaches you with the expedite request. There are 15 mandrels that need to be made. It’s 12pm. You only have 3 hours to produce the parts. Your team has 3 other orders that need to be completed today. Can you deliver?You work with another team member and determine what needs to be done. You read the blueprint, locate the bar stock, load and set up the machine with the right program and tooling, and you begin running the first piece. Your partner takes on the other work orders. Your first part passes 1st piece inspection. Everything is completed by 2:45pm. The mandrels go to heat treat that day and ship out later that week, arriving 2 days ahead of schedule.The customer is so impressed with the quality of the tooling and the service they received they begin referring their co-workers from other locations to buy from us which leads to new opportunities.Every day you will be doing work that really matters. You will be helping customers solve their business challenges. You will have an opportunity to do your best work and make a real impact. We are looking for talented people. Do you have what it takes?
- You are self-motivated, diligent, passionate about work, and always looking for more. You seek ownership, accountability and take responsibility for your actions.
- You are a team player. You are others centered. You are teachable, coachable. You can multi-task. You are confident but you don’t promote yourself. You are able to teach and coach others.
- You are emotionally intelligent. You have mutual respect with your peers. You have good judgment about other people. You interact appropriately with others. You are aware of the impact of your words and actions.
- You are process and results-oriented. You set and track goals. You do what you say you’ll do and deliver on your promises. You achieve consistently good results.Let’s talk. If you are passionate about work and solving customer challenges in a fast-paced, high energy work environment, and looking to further your knowledge and skills, then let’s have a conversation. We’ll keep it confidential.Please apply here or feel free to reach out via LinkedIN or by emailing your resume with contact information to email@example.com. We’d love to connect with you.Company DescriptionElliott Tool Technologies, located in Dayton, OH, is the leading manufacturer of quality specialty tools for an I need it yesterday world. Founded in 1892, we support contractors, OEMs and end users in the heat transfer, aerospace and automotive industries in need of quality innovation and customized solutions to do their best work. The majority of our products are designed and manufactured at our headquarters in Dayton, OH and shipped to our customers in over 70 countries all over the world.We operate through self-directed work teams with a consultative and collaborative approach, listening to customers and providing what best meets their needs in an ever-changing and competitive marketplace.Our mission is to provide quality specialty tools for an I need it yesterday world.
Keywords: Elliott Tool Technologies, Springfield , CNC Machinist - Swiss Type Machine, Other , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!