Supply Chain Service Planner
Company: Dole Food Company, Inc.
Posted on: January 13, 2020
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
The Supply Chain Service Planner is responsible for the management
and monitoring of finished goods inventories and replenishment
activities for Dole and non-Dole produced items across multiple
customer distribution centers as well as FSS item replenishment
planner. This includes support of product inventory planning,
coordination, vendor management inventory (VMI) services, supply
chain analytics, database management, roll-out of new models,
creation of customer orders with a focus on optimal store case
fulfillment, freshness, minimum safety stock and shrink, optimizing
transit cost ,and execution of supply chain activities associated
with the Full Service Solutions (FSS) program.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Utilize customer supplied inventory and transactional data to
develop and manage replenishment plans that result in optimized
case from Source to Forward, and Customer DC to Stores
- Develop Store Pull projection models which accurately forecast
daily pulls by SKU out of each assigned customer DC
- Develop and manage aggregate item forecasts for planners and
schedulers to successfully support accounts
- Manage and maintain close business relations with customers
including awareness of customer's current activities such as: new
item launches, discontinued products, new product development,
price changes and promotional / AD activities
- Responsible for effectively communicating all information
pertaining to the customer with all parties involved: team members,
transportation, sales, operations, and demand planning.
- Manage inventory levels and flow within each customer DC to
minimize product losses
- Create replenishment orders/transfers for VA and FSS
- Develop a strong understanding of different product types,
including age requirements, promotional, and delivery
- Actively participate in the training process for fellow
associates as needed. Share best practices by voluntarily
maintaining a consistent flow of information regarding customer
strategies to Dole team members
- Expected to maintain a high accuracy level regarding data entry
and communication of all kinds.
- Accountable to adhering to all guidelines, processes and
procedures outlined in department standard operating procedures
- Maintain and accept position as primary point of contact for
all issues relating to the VMI customer relationship for assigned
accounts and DCs
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Supply chain and/or Logistics experience is necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written
communication; presentation experience a plus
- Strong listening skills and ability to clearly and concisely
- Must have experience in business ERP systems as well as
demonstrate an ability to navigate fluently within Microsoft tools,
i.e. Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Excel proficiency level of 'Advanced': consisting of advanced
formulas; tables & formatting; conditional formatting; advanced
charting; pivot tables, and pivot reporting; using Excel
productively with data tables.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and self-directed and think
and act independently while also being team oriented.
- String time management skills, ability to multi-task, excellent
attention to detail and ability to handle urgent interruptions with
poise and professionalism.
- Ability to understand components of customer strategies and
business plans and how Dole VMI and FSS programs can satisfy those
- Consistently exhibit the aptitude to maintain focus while
managing personal workload efficiently and effectively in an
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team -oriented, fast paced,
sales driven environment.
- Demonstrated skills for positive conflict management.
- Utilize critical thinking, problem-solving skills and ability
to use independent discretion for decision-making.
- Analytical skills, ability to forecast, exercise sound
judgment, and work under time sensitive tasks
- Ability to drive problem solving through others and make quick
- Ability to work beyond regular business hours, weekends,
holidays, rotating shifts preferred/required.
Required ExperienceEDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BA Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years' experience in supply chain, or similar
- Supply chain and/or Logistics experience required
EEO STATEMENT: We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of
Keywords: Dole Food Company, Inc., Springfield , Supply Chain Service Planner, Professions , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!