Diesel Technician/Mechanic II
Posted on: October 15, 2020
Position Location: 6901 Urbana Road Springfield, OH 45502
Penske Technician II will generally assist in the repair and
diagnosis of major components or remove/replace major components of
various truck and trailer equipment at the direction of Lead
Technician or Maintenance Supervisor. Expectations include the
ability to diagnose and repair the following with little or no
supervision: Clutches, PTO Systems, Electric Systems, Hydraulic/
Air Brake systems, Heating/ Air Conditioning Systems, Instruments
and Gauges, and Preventive Maintenance Service.
• Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of - with
some assistance: Engines (gas and diesel), Power train to include
differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO's and
wheel ends, Electrical systems including starters and alternators,
HVAC systems, Steering systems, Electronics to include ECM's,
ECU's, sensors etc., Engine bolt on items such as turbos, fan
clutches, injectors, cooling system etc., Brake systems including
ABS, Suspension systems (spring and air)
• Perform mechanical and general appearance reconditioning of
equipment for "trade-ins" and prepare new equipment for
• Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled
• Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services on truck
and trailer equipment
• Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
• Maintain work area appearance and safety
• Road test Vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to
ensure that they are working properly.
• Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure
gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as
pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
• Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and
other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating
• Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking
batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
• Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and
• Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic
jacks or hoists.
• Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose
malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers,
motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
• Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified
Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure
conformance to factory specifications.
• Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components
such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include
replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• 2-4 years practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
• Specialized training in the repair and replacement of vehicle
• Proficiency in the use of shop tools required
• Valid driver's license required and must also have or be able to
get a CDL license
• Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance
• Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
• Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers
yards, close geographical area and training sites), work the
required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete
Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation
(to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and
drug screening are required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or
designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to
work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is
required. Associates must have the
ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as
the safety of others.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain
instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must
be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be
required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is
frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to
reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly
lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet
of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North
America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's
product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Springfield , Diesel Technician/Mechanic II, Professions , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!