Business Operations Analyst
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Basic Function:Accountable and responsible to the Manager of
Operations Analysis and Strategy for the performance and leadership
of the Operations Analysis and Strategy function. Responsible for
the development of performance metrics and tools to improve
efficiency and productivity of manufacturing operations. Develops
and recommends strategic actions/alternatives on core versus
non-core operational processes. As a key member of the Business
Operations Analysis team, provides detailed and insightful analysis
regarding operational performance, supports the managing of the
operational dashboard and KPI's, and supports the development of
data-driven activities to support operational success. Works within
our Operations teams and collaborates cross-functionally to create
a data-driven approach to problem solving. Key contributor in the
business unit's Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop analytical approaches to drive business value, while
working in the context of a variety of operational data; including
manufacturing productivity data and capacity utilization management
(labor and equipment)
- Communicate meaningful insights and apply an understanding of
the business analyses to support operations and drive business
- Contribute to the design of longer-term business intelligence
infrastructure and strategy by developing requirements with
Engineering and Information Technology teams
- Collaborate on data analysis projects and communication of
results to internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
to understand how critical issues, questions, and problems can be
answered with data and analytics
- Collaborates with Plant Operations Managers and Value Stream
Managers to develop operation productivity/efficiency improvement
strategies (man/machine ratio, cost per unit, hours per unit, cell
- Maintains ODBC database pulls to query and verify end
production and other reports as needed
- Maintains the integrity of labor and equipment capacity
- Adheres to, develops, or revises standard operational and
working practices (standard work)
- Fosters an attitude and environment of continuous improvement
to reduce costs and improve quality
- On-Time delivery of quality Silfex Products
- Top quartile operational performance metrics (productivity,
efficiency, utilization, capacity, etc.)
- Professionalism in the performance of duties and
- Professionalism and accuracy in verbal and written
- Commitment to Silfex's Vision, Mission and Core Values.
- Timeliness and quality of special project results.
- Knowledge and application of appropriate Quality and Operating
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- 12 years of related experience with a Bachelor Degree in
Business, Supply Chain/Operations Management, or related field. MBA
- 3 to 5 years of experience in operational/manufacturing
analysis or leadership role.
- Six Sigma or Lean experience preferred.
- Experience producing in-depth analyses and reporting in a
- Use of ERP and MES systems. Plex and Mach2 experience
- APICS CPIM or CPM certifications preferred.
- Can apply knowledge of operational management models and
- Can manage large datasets in excel, access, or other
- Mathematical and statistical knowledge.
- Advanced report design and formatting skills.
- Good working knowledge of core operations processes, including
detailed scheduling, planning, production processes in a discrete
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word,
- Experience writing and maintaining SQL queries preferred
- Understand the entire S&OP process, including Demand
Planning and Supply Planning.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as, customer
specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine
reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of the organization. Physical Demands: The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently
required to stand and sit. The employee occasionally is required to
walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and; reach with hands
and arms.The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50
pounds. The vision requirements include close vision.
Keywords: Silfex, Springfield , Business Operations Analyst, Professions , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!