Company: Gordon Food Service
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are
thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story
to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact
you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our
table for you...
Presents a positive image to Gordon Food Service (GFS)
non-commercial customers through courteous, on-time, and accurate
deliveries of GFS products. Serves as liaison between GFS
management and customers. Communicates all customer issues and
concerns. Operates GFS Take Along delivery van in a professional
and safe manner demonstrating attention to detail, safe work
habits, working knowledge of refrigerated van, and the ability to
deal effectively with customers and the public.
- Ensures safe, accurate, timely, and efficient deliveries of GFS
- Builds and maintains good customer relationships.
- Accurately collects customer payments. Safeguards company funds
and follows GFS banking policies.
- Collaborates with management and sales representatives to
communicate customer concerns.
- Completes daily check-ins in a timely manner with no
- Performs daily pre/post trip inspection of vehicles and
- Manages paperwork to include register, credits, pick-ups,
- Performs proper equipment maintenance, monitors reefer
temperature, and reports mechanical issues and damages in timely
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with other
- Adheres to the mission and cornerstone values and applicable
practices of the organization.
- Maintains peer relationships in the field to share issues and
ideas. Attends department meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- This position requires punctuality, problem solving and
attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in
- Ability to work independently and also function in a team
- Must be goal oriented with a positive "can-do"
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in the
- Ability to adhere to all safety regulations and
- Must maintain a professional appearance wearing the GFS
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this job including
lifting, pushing, pulling of product.
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their
success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate
our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate
who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of
support from their management if they are selected for the
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration
for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or
status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the
Law poster is available here:
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit
your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words "Accommodation
Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is
reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food
Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Springfield , Driver Trainee, Professions , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!