Sr. Financial Analyst - Freight
Company: Dole Food Company
Posted on: August 16, 2019
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
This position will work under the direction of the Director of
Finance, and performs finance, accounting, control, reporting,
analysis, budgeting and forecasting activities relating to Supply
Chain Freight Operations.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
* Financial Management and Reporting
* Report on weekly and periodic key performance indicators (KPI
* Develop and analyze financial proformas for new and renewing
* Prepare period end journal entries, period reporting, and explain
variances to budgets.
* Financial Planning and Analysis
* Prepare annual freight budgets ad periodic freight forecasts.
* Prepare monthly forecasts for operating expenses.
* Analyze the business results and identify opportunities for
* Provide analytical support for cost savings and revenue
* Prepare other ad hoc reporting/analysis as required to support
the Supply Chain Organization
* Effectively work with IT and Operations team members to improve
system accuracy and data visibility.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Knowledge of J.D. Edwards or an equivalent ERP preferred.
* Knowledge of COGNOS or Power BI reporting system.
* Knowledge of TMS Transportation Management System or equivalent
freight management system.
* Knowledge of Supply Chain freight operations.
* Strong analytical ability with attention to detail.
* Thorough knowledge of general and cost accounting procedures.
* Microsoft Excel skills to include VLOOKUP, SUMPRODUCT, MATCH,
INDEX, pivot table, external linking, Power Pivot, and proper
database management and accuracy to ensure data quality and
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; with responsive
feedback at all times. Spanish language skills helpful.
* Ability to manage multi site, multi state operations with a wide
variety of internal and external customers.
* Ability to stay focused in a fast-paced environment. Focus on
* Must have the ability to do thorough research on issues and
* Strong attention to detail and a desire to assume new
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
* 3-6 years of financial accounting and analysis. Preferably
experienced in a fast-paced consumer goods environment with an
emphasis in logistics and/or distribution.
* B.A. in Accounting or Finance required
EEO STATEMENT: We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of
Springfield, Ohio, United States
DOLE is committed to the policy of providing equal employment
opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and
other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national
origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Keywords: Dole Food Company, Springfield , Sr. Financial Analyst - Freight, Professions , Springfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!